By Eric Sowey,Peter Petocz
A landscape of records: views, Puzzles and Paradoxes in Statistics
Eric Sowey, college of Economics, The college of latest South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Peter Petocz, division of records, Macquarie college, Sydney, Australia
This ebook is a stimulating panoramic travel – fairly diverse from a textbook trip – of the area of records in either its concept and perform, for academics, scholars and practitioners.
At every one cease at the journey, the authors examine strange and quirky elements of information, highlighting historic, biographical and philosophical dimensions of this box of knowledge. Each bankruptcy opens with views on its topic, frequently from a number of issues of view. 5 unique and thought-provoking questions persist with. those goal at widening readers’ wisdom and deepening their perception. Scattered one of the questions are interesting puzzles to unravel and tantalising paradoxes to give an explanation for. Readers can evaluate their very own statistical discoveries with the authors’ specific solutions to all of the questions.
The writing is full of life and welcoming, the information are profitable, and the fabric is greatly cross-referenced.
A landscape of Statistics:
- Leads readers to find the fascinations of statistics.
- Is an stress-free significant other to an undergraduate information textbook.
- Is an enriching resource of information for records academics and practitioners.
- Is designated between information books this day for its memorable content material and interesting style.
Lending itself both to analyzing via and to dipping into, A landscape of Statistics will shock academics, scholars and practitioners via the range of the way within which records can seize and carry their interest.
Read or Download A Panorama of Statistics: Perspectives, Puzzles and Paradoxes in Statistics PDF
Similar probability & statistics books
Six Sigma technique is a enterprise administration procedure which seeks to enhance the standard of strategy output through opting for and removal the motives of blunders and minimizing variability in production and enterprise approaches. This booklet examines the Six Sigma method via illustrating the main frequent instruments and strategies inquisitive about Six Sigma software.
Regression Modeling: equipment, thought, and Computation with SAS presents an creation to a various collection of regression thoughts utilizing SAS to unravel a wide selection of regression difficulties. the writer absolutely records the SAS courses and punctiliously explains the output produced by means of the courses. The textual content offers the preferred usual least squares (OLS) technique earlier than introducing many various regression equipment.
Sie wollen sich ernsthaft mit wissenschaftlicher Datenanalyse beschaftigen und wissen, dass Sie da an Python nur schwer vorbeikommen? Dann ist dieses das richtige Buch fur Sie. John Paul Mueller erklart Ihnen, used to be Sie in Python beherrschen mussen, um sich der Datenanalyse zu widmen inklusive Objekten, Funktionen, Modulen und Bibliotheken.
Hidden Markov versions for Time sequence: An advent utilizing R, moment variation illustrates the nice flexibility of hidden Markov versions (HMMs) as general-purpose types for time sequence facts. The booklet offers a extensive figuring out of the types and their makes use of. After proposing the fundamental version formula, the publication covers estimation, forecasting, deciphering, prediction, version choice, and Bayesian inference for HMMs.
- Einstellungsunterschiede zwischen Eltern und kinderlosen Menschen (German Edition)
- Handbook of International Large-Scale Assessment: Background, Technical Issues, and Methods of Data Analysis (Chapman & Hall/CRC Statistics in the Social and Behavioral Sciences)
- Mean Field Simulation for Monte Carlo Integration (Chapman & Hall/CRC Monographs on Statistics & Applied Probability)
- Multilevel Statistical Models (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics)
- The Data Industry: The Business and Economics of Information and Big Data
Extra resources for A Panorama of Statistics: Perspectives, Puzzles and Paradoxes in Statistics